If you're looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Afghan biscuit/cookie recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Everybody loves the concept of taking a seat to a delicious home-cooked meal, but with today's hectic schedules, it can be more challenging than ever to locate the time to place one together. Thankfully, assistance is around, the Afghan biscuit/cookie recipe and recommendations in this article will aid you created healthier meals for your family members in a surprisingly, short time.
You can have Afghan biscuit/cookie using 6 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you do that.
Ingredients of Afghan biscuit/cookie
- Use 3/4 cup of soften butter plus 1tablespoon.
- Provide 1/4 cup of sugar plus 2 US tablespoons.
- You need to prepare 1 1/2 cup of flour self raising.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of US measurement cocoa powder.
- You need to prepare 3/4 cup of cornflakes or crushed weetbix or large rolled oats.
- Prepare 1 of walnuts or coconut for on the top..
This version of Grandma's Afghan Biscuits are absolutely delicious! This is such a New Zealand favourite - I would love to hear of my overseas friends trying it out on their. Crunchy, buttery chocolate cookies studded with cornflakes and topped with chocolate icing and a single walnut! My favourite biscuit is the Afghan biscuit - a very easy to make biscuit from NZ.
Afghan biscuit/cookie instructions
- Preheat oven 180°C or 350°F.
- Cream together the butter and sugar.
- Add flour and cocoa.
- Add cornflakes last so as not to break them up too much..
- Put spoonfuls on a greased oven tray and bake for about 15 mins..
- Leave them to cool.They firm up as they cool..
- Ice with chocolate icing and top with walnuts or coconut.They melt in the mouth when cooked right.I used half cornflakes and half weetbix for mine..
I have no idea why it is called an afghan. Afghan biscuits may have been invented for wartime care packages, or to represent "eating" the enemy. Indeed, there are mentions of the cookie as representation of an Afghan male, wearing a. Afghan Biscuits are easily one of my favourite cookies of all time. Our afghan biscuits recipe is super easy and you'll love the biscuits!
Now that you have actually gotten to the end of this Afghan biscuit/cookie recipe, now try out recipes as well as execute it and take pleasure in. You never ever recognize - you just may have discovered a brand-new job.
If you find this Afghan biscuit/cookie recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.