If you're looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Filipino Chicken Adobo recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Cooking is a type of art and there are various sorts of cooking that you can find out. You can come to be a chef or you can merely try to understand the art of cooking excellent dishes within your house. Numerous work in the workplace utilize cooks, prep-cooks as well as supervisors that also oversee cooks. We hope this Filipino Chicken Adobo recipe can assist make you a far better cook.
You can have Filipino Chicken Adobo using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Filipino Chicken Adobo
- You need 1 of kilo chicken cut into pieces.
- You need 1 head of garlic 4-5 garlic cloves crushed and the remaining minced.
- You need 2 tablespoons of oil.
- Provide 4 pieces of bay leaves.
- Use 1/2 tablespoon of peppercorn.
- Use 1/2 cup of white vinegar (sugar cane or balsamic goes well too).
- Provide 1 cup of soy sauce.
- You need to prepare 1/4 cup of water.
- You need to prepare 1/2 tablespoon of sugar.
- Use of Optional: peeled hard-boiled eggs and/or potatoes cut in quarter.
The ingredients are chicken, bay leaves, black peppercorn and bay leaves. You can use any parts of the chicken. This one-pot Filipino Chicken Adobo recipe from Food Network uses only a handful of ingredients, including garlic and soy sauce. Filipino Adobo Chicken - Chicken braised in vinegar and soy sauce with lots of garlic.
Filipino Chicken Adobo step by step
- Marinate chicken in soy sauce and vinegar with the crushed garlic for at least 2 hours or even overnight. The longer the chicken stays in the marinade, the tastier and flavorful it becomes..
- Heat oil in pan and cook remaining minced garlic until light golden brown. Set aside toasted garlic as toppings later. Remove chicken from the marinade (keep marinade sauce) and pan fry chicken in the same oil as the garlic for about 3-5 minutes per side or until it browns a little. Don't worry about having to cook chicken through just yet, as you will still let it stew later..
- Put back marinade sauce from earlier and add water, sugar, peppercorn, and bay leaves. Add optional potatoes and peeled hard-boiled eggs. Let it simmer for about 20-30 minutes. You will know chicken is cooked once it is fork tender is starting to release oil. I like my adobo on the drier side so I let the it simmer until the sauce thickens and mostly evaporated..
- Serve with white rice topped with toasted garlic and enjoy!.
Not only is it so easy to make, but because it's incredibly flavorful and my kids love it! With a marinade of vinegar, black peppercorns, bay leaves, and tamari, it has the perfect balance of sweet. Filipino chicken adobo makes a delicious low carb dish. The meat is cooked in a tangy mix of cider vinegar, soy sauce and garlic. Chicken adobo is one of the most famous and talked-about dishes in Filipino cuisine.
You do not require to be a pro to prepare an excellent dish. There are numerous recipes that look difficult and also overwhelming, but are in reality, quite basic one of it is Filipino Chicken Adobo recipe. We really hope, this recipe has instilled some confidence in you for the following time you remain in the kitchen.
If you find this Filipino Chicken Adobo recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.